Sunday, August 21, 2011

He Would Get Me Sick....

I couldn't sleep at all last night and I wake up this morning with a sore throat, a stuffy nose, and a weak body in general. Yesterday Phil was sick. Today I'm sick. See a correlation? Lame.

Yesterday was fun. I had the day off and we went to explore a little bit of La Jolla. First we took a drive up to Mt. Solidad- a veteran's memorial. It's on top of a huge hill and as you drove up the hill the homes seemed to increase in size, value, beauty, and the ability to make me completely jealous. They sure make my two bedroom apartment in Vista look like a shack.

The memorial was beautiful. It over-looks all of San Diego and it's gorgeous. There's hundreds  of  plaques dedicated to the brave men in women to served in the U.S military. This one man fought in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam and was a P.O.W (prisoner of war for all you civilians out there) for 7 years in Vietnam! That's crazy! And he earned almost every medal you can think of: purple heart, bronze star with a "v", silver star with a "v", medal of honor... more.



After the memorial we head down to the La Jolla Coves. The water is gorgeous there! It's a beautiful shade of blue (still cold though). We went to this area that had a bunch of seals all over the water. There was actually protesting going on because people were swimming at this small beach that the seals like to sun bathe in. The protesters don't think people should be allowed to swim there. That the area should be reserved for our wildlife. I totally and completely agree. There are so many other beaches in San Diego County and we've already taken over so much of the wildlifes' habitat. The least we can do is let them have the one area that they still try and use. 
A seal and a human.

The beautiful place I get to call home.

After the coves we went to the Museum of Contemporary Art. There were some amazing photography of China there that I absolutely adored, but there was also that really random, weird stuff that I don't really get. I don't really understand how someone can literally throw some paint on a canvas and call it great art. Maybe I don't have that artist eye or something, but Phil and I couldn't help but laugh at a few pieces because we just didn't get it. It didn't "speak to us" you could say. haha. 

Overall, it was a great day off! Now, it's back to work! and school starts tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment