Sunday, August 14, 2011

Carmelina isn't Rachel Ray....

Wowww!! I'm soo pooped!! Buying Rachel Ray's magazine was a hugeee mistake.

I really enjoy cooking dinner for me and Phil (and I guess for my little sister who has been posted up all summer at our apartment), but I never have enough recipes. It's like I make 5 dishes really well, but really? those same 5 meals every week? That's not going to cut it. So when I saw the "Twenty Dinners, One Day" article in Everyday with Rachel Ray I thought it was the answer to all my prayers! The article makes it seem so easy! Basically on day one you cook a few different "building blocks" to use in 20 different recipes throughout the month.  You store the building blocks in zip-lock bags, freeze them, and then take out what you need for each meal. Sounds simple, right? It's not....

So after spending $300 at Albertson's (I should note though that my price before savings was $360. I must have been feeling like a Super Wife because I woke up early and clipped coupons) I headed to the kitchen to get started on the building blocks (BB)... sooo I totally didn't realize that it would take me 5 hours to cook all the stupid building blocks!!! 10 pounds of pork, 13 grilled veggies, and 110 oz of tomato sauce (and a couple glasses of wine) later. I'm exhausted, out of ziplock bags and never cooked the dinner for the night. To make matters worse I still have to cook 8 pounds of chicken and 4 cups of rice to have all my stupid BB. Rachel your a total BITCH and you totally just put this article in your magazine so the average mom/wife can try it and fail miserably and be reminded that they'll never be you!!!

WOW! I'm glad that's off my chest!

No comments:

Post a Comment